Re: [cpx] CPX Bug Question & Comment

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:47:23PM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> oh i completly agree on that restarting 50 times apache is just asking
> from troubles. This is why it is broken. I agree that  savelogs could be
> enhanced to have this option. Perhaps scott is still somewhere  listening ;)

I had deleted the first half of this thread (w/o reading it), I'm glad
I actually read this one. I no longer control the savelogs source
(it's Verio's).

That said, if I recall the problem correctly, the problem could be
mitigated somewhat by replacing all the '@daily' entries with some
randomized hours and minutes. Also, if savelogs isn't using a graceful
restart, it should be.

The longer term solution would be to have savelogs be able to lump a
bunch of logfiles and do one restart, but this would likely require a
rewrite of the savelogs config file parser and some reworking of CPX's
interaction with it.

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>