Re: [cpx] CPX Bug Question & Comment

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:51:45AM -0400, Chris Hess wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] CPX Bug Question & Comment
>
> CPX Question/Comment:
> When I setup a new end User I offer the User SpamAssassin and Clam
> AntiVirus (check boxes). However, when I do this it also enables them
> both SpamAssassin and Clam AntiVirus at the default settings.
> Although I really, really like the idea of being able to enable and
> disable these applications at the Server Admin level, it does pose
> problems. Without some sort of auto-clear option for the Junk and
> Quarantine folders, we find that users quickly fill their quota -
> they always forget to, or don't want to, login to clear them manually.
>
> However, I was pretty sure the functionality was that if I offered
> these to the user they had to login and enable them in their user
> account. Can anyone comment on if this is a bug or new CPX
> functionality?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Chris Hess
> chris@xxxxxxxxxx
> Outer Banks Internet, Inc.

Chris,

Yes, this is a change in CPX behavior with the latest dist.  I made the
changes myself per a usability concern (USE08994) raised by QA and then
endorsed by PM.  The usability case notes state the concern as follows:

  As a server admin or domain admin when creating/editing a user, there
  is a section saying:

     "Offer the End User the following mail-related applications
      and services:"

        [] SpamAssassin (junk mail filtering)
        [] Clam AntiVirus (virus protection)

  The customer may think that by selecting these services, they are
  enabling the service (neither service is actually enabled). Selecting
  these merely gives the created user the "opportunity" to enable the
  service.  Most customers creating the user would expect/want the
  service enabled by default when the service made available.

If you want this behavior reversed, you should send a note to support.
You can even cite the usability concern by case number (USE08994) if you
like.  This may be one of those things where 50% of the CPX users want
it one way, and the other 50% want it the other way.  *shrug*

cheers.

--rus.

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!