Re: [cpx] Re: [vps2] I can't use my control panel...

At 08:03 AM 04/29/2005, you wrote:
Then just for the heck of it, I tried CPX again, with the old password. This time CPX came up in FIVE SECONDS! It has NEVER come up that fast since I have been using CPX.

Well, the honeymoon is over... I'm back to login times of 65 seconds, with incomplete Totals: information...

Well, the winner is Verio support... Turns out that at the same time I was debugging this with my friend, support was working with it as well. Since the password I gave them did not work, they changed the SA password back to what I had given them. Thus the magic "How did my password change right in front of me during the same telnet session?" ... support changed it back!

And, why was it so fast? Well, Verio support had the control panel open, while I was logining and using it. I suspect once there is one user with the control panel open (and all the data read by vsapd or whatever) all the other users running the control panel at the same time get good response... later, after support stopped debugging (I was not aware of this) is when everything switched from 5-10 second response and/or login time to the "standard" 60+ second login with incomplete totals:

Nice to know there wasn't any "magic" going on here... all make sense now.. But the CPX access times were great while both of us had it open!

Bill