Re: [cpx] [CPX] - httpd.conf with windows EOL -> cpx munch the cpx.conf

Urchin 3 is a good example (1 of many programs that can have issues with text files containing ^M's) of a unix program not written by Verio that will have issues with ^M in your httpd.conf. Urchin install imports its configuration from httpd.conf - urchin can process /usr/local/apache/logs/domain.com_access.log just fine but it wont know what /usr/local/apache/logs/domain.com_access.log^M is.

This is just one example - but it kind of gives you an idea of what "gotchas" you can run into with ^M - so it is best to avoid them all together.

Just some thoughts :)

---
Jeff

ADNET Ghislain wrote:

I know CPX will go and do the right thing... I guess the horse is dead
now, but please don't add another Unix program that can't deal with
CRLF.....

Bill

I think we got the point Bill,

we do not try to add a program , we just think out loud on how to fix
config files screwed by bad settings of ftp clients by beginers to
prevent any ill behavior from the platform.

regards,
Ghislain.