Re: [cpx] [CPX] - httpd.conf with windows EOL -> cpx munch the cpx.conf

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 03:58:39PM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> Cpx parser seems sensitive to that and fail to parse it munching the
> cpx.conf in a complete mess :)
>
> Scott, can you forward a little request to the dev team so this kind of
> troubles are detected by the cpx parser and that:
>
> 1/ it  gives an error (parse error windows EOL in http.conf for exemple)
> 2/ correct it (or not)
> or
> 1/ automaticaly convert the EOL to unix and reparse the file

We've had this happen from time to time in many other situations.
Folks will edit httpd.conf with notepad and ftp it back (fortunately
this can't happen anymore with root ftp disabled). Our stock answer
has been "don't do that".

It causes problems for many more things than just cpx. Perhaps the
thing to do would be to change restart_apache to check for it or
something. We'll give it some thought.

> ps: i am not sure of the "munch" word, as a non native speaker i mean by
> that "make it wrong" or "screw it"  ;p

'Munge' is closer to what you want. "Munch" is what you do with snack
food like peanuts, cashews, potato chips, etc. Anything that makes a
muffled crunch noise in your mouth, so it's not too far off of your
meaning.

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>