Re: [cpx] [CPX] - httpd.conf with windows EOL -> cpx munch the cpx.conf

At 10:31 AM 05/13/2005, you wrote:
We've had this happen from time to time in many other situations. Folks will edit httpd.conf with notepad and ftp it back (fortunately this can't happen anymore with root ftp disabled). Our stock answer has been "don't do that".

It causes problems for many more things than just cpx. Perhaps the thing to do would be to change restart_apache to check for it or something. We'll give it some thought.

You must be kidding... Apache works fine with httpd.conf with Windows or Unix line delimiters....

It is generally extremely trivia to strip off/ignore a CR if found in a line. In C, C++, Perl, etc. takes about one statement...

98% of the Unix utilities seem to handle it fine.

What is the issue with CPX not being able to parse a file with CRLF?

Bill