Re: [cpx] [CPX] - serious issue in handling of the users

Bill Meier wrote:

I had the same problem... made
    bill.meier

as a user name. I think the issue I saw was

~> chown bill.meier foo
chown: separation of user and group with a period is deprecated
chown: meier: illegal group name

That was enough to realize that if that problem existed, other programs would probably treat it wrong, so I switched to bill_meier

as user names and had no problems... May not be the same issue you saw with CPX but obviously pieces of Unix don't like the dot...

Bill.Meier ;-)

i hope this is not this, allways use the uid or gid in script as if not you stumble on this.

very good idea to say it there as the Dev team perhaps use the username in their internal works !!

Ghislain.

--

AQUEOS - Service Informatique
1, Rue Albert Einstein