Re: [cpx] [CPX] - serious issue in handling of the users

I had the same problem... made
	bill.meier

as a user name. I think the issue I saw was

~> chown bill.meier foo
chown: separation of user and group with a period is deprecated
chown: meier: illegal group name

That was enough to realize that if that problem existed, other programs would probably treat it wrong, so I switched to
	bill_meier

as user names and had no problems... May not be the same issue you saw with CPX but obviously pieces of Unix don't like the dot...

Bill.Meier ;-)