Re: [cpx] Wishlist: forgotten password

All things aside, most systems I know that require a password, also have a way to reset it, send a temporary one, give you a special link to login and change it, etc.

Yes, that requires having an email address storaged for each user, but I don't think that is a bad idea anyway? (see previous post)

You keep

username:
password:
email address:

How hard is that?

If I'm on vacation for a week, I don't want to be bothered with requests from users who have forgotten their password, especially when I'm on vacation I don't check my email and server as frequently as when I'm home... the user might not be able to access his account/ftp/email whatever until I "wake up" and step in and fix it for him.

It is just the simple principle that real systems that require passwords have ways for users to manage them and "fix" them when they forget. CPX needs the infrastructure to be able to do this. Plain and simple (in my opinion :-)

Bill