Re: [cpx] Wishlist: forgotten password

At 08:07 PM 4/23/2005 -0600, you wrote:

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:48:20AM +0000, Harrison Hind wrote:
>   I have no problem with requiring human intervention when someone forgets
> their password.  I do that with my clients and it tends to make them more
> careful and less likely to lose their password when they have to wait for
> me to reset it.

A non-technical solution would be to charge a geometrically increasing
amount for resetting the password. First one is free, then charge 50
cents, then 1 dollar, then 2 dollars, then 4 dollars, etc.

I foresee a tidy revenue stream and rapidly decreasing support calls!

I had one company whose staff kept forgetting passwords. So I started made house-calls, charging a full hour for each 2 minute visit to tell them their passwords. When the owner saw my bills, he paid, but sorted out his staff.

(Incidentally, the office was near to my kids' school, so I made my visits while dropping-off the kids, costing me about 10 minutes, real time, so it was a useful income stream while it lasted.)

Andy

PROTEUS - new anti-spam, anti-virus solution
www.proteus.lu

FOCUS Internet Services
Domains, Design, Hosting, Custom Applications, E-Commerce
106 rue de Mersch, L-8181 KOPSTAL, Luxembourg
tel. (+352) 305 197
fax (+352) 305 188
www.focus.lu