Re: [cpx] milestone chart

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 03:50:46PM -0700, Mark A. Sharkey wrote:

> When you say "replace imanager", I take that to mean when cpx gets to
> the point that it has at a minimum, iManager functionality. Is that
> correct?

Pretty much, yeah. We might not have every little function (e.g.,
templates for virtualhost creation, etc.) but all of the core
functionality we expect to be there and working. Plus some.

> So, at what point (date) in the future do you anticipate cpx
> replacing iManager?  You mention 1st half of next year in later
> comments.  Is it safe to say that you expect to replace iManager (and
> iManagerPro) functionality within the next 6 months?  Are you expecting
> to be doing constant incremental updates over the next 6 months?  Or,
> are you planning just one or two major releases?

People may still use either as they wish, but we're going to dedicate
our development efforts to CPX. I expect in 6 months to have all of
the iManager functionality working well in CPX. We'd like to do
incremental releases; this give you important pieces faster and
shortens our development time generally.

> >I can tell you that beginning next year, both Signature and CPX will
> >be receiving a lot more development resources than they have before.
> >This should provide much wider functionality improvements in less
> >time.
> >

> What about cpx for vps1 and solaris?  Are you expecting to have CPX
> working on those platforms within the next 6 months as well?

There are no direct CPX plans for those platforms at this time; there
will probably be some work around the middle of next year to explore
that.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx