Re: [cpx] milestone chart

Hi Scott,

I can't give you any timelines (we're still working on post-release
cleanup), but the most immediate strategic goal is to replace
iManager (i.e., we want to put our resources behind one control panel
and CPX was designed to be it). Rus will be dedicating most of his
time to CPX fixes and enhancements.

When you say "replace imanager", I take that to mean when cpx gets to the point that it has at a minimum, iManager functionality. Is that correct? So, at what point (date) in the future do you anticipate cpx replacing iManager? You mention 1st half of next year in later comments. Is it safe to say that you expect to replace iManager (and iManagerPro) functionality within the next 6 months? Are you expecting to be doing constant incremental updates over the next 6 months? Or, are you planning just one or two major releases?

Longer term strategies include partial webmin functionality (e.g., the
significant system administration pieces) and backroom integration for
resellers (i.e., resellers logging into CPX will also tie in to the
ordering system, etc).

Now, *these* are the things I'm axious to see!

I can tell you that beginning next year, both Signature and CPX will
be receiving a lot more development resources than they have before.
This should provide much wider functionality improvements in less
time.

What about cpx for vps1 and solaris? Are you expecting to have CPX working on those platforms within the next 6 months as well?

Mark

--
vps1 -> vps2 migrations for only $229.00!

Mark A. Sharkey
PrecisionPros.com Network
6543 East Omega Street
Mesa, Arizona 85215