Re: [cpx] Wrong cgi-bin setup

At 08:30 PM 02/01/2006, you wrote:
>     ScriptAlias    /cgi-bin/ "/home/user/www/cgi-bin/"
>     <Directory /home/user/www/cgi-bin>

This is the correct location; since all CGIs run under this user's UID anyway, this setup allows all the domains under this domain admin share CGIs. One stop shopping for all domains (e.g., put all your formmail domains in the one FormMail.pl to share it, etc.)

P.S. Why force a specific model on me? Can't I have the choice for a common CGI area or a domain specific CGI area?

One thing in UI design is often "well, we aren't 100% sure our default is 100% correct in all cases so to be flexible we allow the user to best pick the model for his site"

I think one of the general issues is that CPX is sometimes too ridged in "you must do it my way or not at all..."

Bill