Re: [cpx] Wrong cgi-bin setup

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 06:52:20PM -0500, Bill Meier wrote:
> I enabled CGI on a domain that had it disabled, and it put the
> directory in the wrong location. It put it in
>
>     ScriptAlias    /cgi-bin/ "/home/user/www/cgi-bin/"
>     <Directory /home/user/www/cgi-bin>

This is the correct location; since all CGIs run under this user's UID
anyway, this setup allows all the domains under this domain admin
share CGIs. One stop shopping for all domains (e.g., put all your
formmail domains in the one FormMail.pl to share it, etc.)

If you need to "fork" a copy of a (non-configurable or custom) CGI, I
suggest renaming the CGI to foo-domain.cgi or something like that.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx