Re: [cpx] Aut*Reply function not working Please Help

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 08:55:06AM -0700, Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

> Subject: Re: [cpx] Aut*Reply function not working Please Help
>
> > But I get no reply when I send and email.  they are receiving  the mail
>
> You get no reply, but "they" *are* receiving the mail?
>
> I believe that autoreply will only reply once per week per sender (or
> something like that. Rus?)

Yes, there is that, but there was also a bug I fixed about setting up
the vacation.db file using real vs. effective id... i had to do the
whole "($>, $<) = ($<, $>) in a forked child, wait for child, then
chown() in parent" dance... remember?  Maybe you don't, but we had a
small discussion about it.  ;)

The fix is to login with a shell as user, nuke the vacation.db file
(rm -f /home/[username]/.cpx/autoreply/vacation.db), and then reinit the
db file as the user:

  /usr/bin/vacation -i -r 7 -f /home/[username]/.cpx/autoreply/vacation.db

the reply interval is set in days (7 is the default, but you can change
that to 1 or whatever).

the new code for 1.5 has all these fixes in it plus new setting to allow
you to change the reply interval (or omit a reply interval altogether).

sorry about the hassle.

--rus.

> Scott
> --
> Scott Wiersdorf
> scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> This is <cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      <http://www.groupmail.org/lists/cpx/>
> Before posting a question, please search the archives (see above URL).

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!