Re: [cpx] Aut*Reply function not working Please Help

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:13:46PM -0500, Appleget Associates wrote:

 I am trying to set up an AutoReply for a user this is what I have and
 it still does not work

 Generics table has

 www             www@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 user1           user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This looks ok

 virtusertables has

 useer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           user1
 useer1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx           user1

Two 'e's? I'm assuming this is a typo. You seem to understand that
each user must have a working virtusertable entry.

Yes a type here

 > www@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   user0

 I log into user1 on the control panel go to mail go to auto reply

 say yes with the following (so it has a subject)

 Subject: Will Reply Shortly

 message

 signature lines

 But I get no reply when I send and email.  they are receiving  the mail

You get no reply, but "they" *are* receiving the mail?

I believe that autoreply will only reply once per week per sender (or
something like that. Rus?)

they are receiving. where does it find the history. a and I even tried it with a brand new email

 So where else do I look

You'll want to look in /var/log/maillog at the time you send your test
message and see if a) it's being correctly received, b) being replied to.

If a) but not b), you'll want to turn on procmail logging in

email is being received I did the following and it never logged or created the file - I also can't find any messages anywhere could it not be reading the users procmail at all

LOGABSTRACT=all
VERBOSE=yes
 LOGFILE=$HOME/autoreply.log

:0 c
| /usr/bin/vacation -f .cpx/autoreply/vacation.db -m .cpx/autoreply/message.txt $LOGNAME

~/.cpx/procmail/autoreply.rc:

  LOGABSTRACT=all
  VERBOSE=yes
  LOGFILE=$HOME/autoreply.log

  :0 c
  | /usr/local/bin/autoreply ... etc. ...

Then look at ~/autoreply.log after sending a test message (be sure to
remove those debugging lines when you're done).

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lynn Appleget
828 837-3633
http://www.applegetassoc.com/