[cpx] Aut*Reply function not working Please Help

[NOTICE: subject modified by moderator to pass mailing list command filters -scottw]

I am trying to set up an AutoReply for a user this is what I have and it still does not work

Generics table has

www             www@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
user1           user1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

virtusertables has

useer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           user1
useer1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx           user1
www@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   user0

I log into user1 on the control panel go to mail go to auto reply

say yes with the following (so it has a subject)

Subject: Will Reply Shortly

message

signature lines

But I get no reply when I send and email.  they are receiving  the mail

So where else do I look