[cpx] User Disc Space Quota - reverting to 0

This is a follow up to Steve Yates:

Steve I did not get your response to my query, but I saw this in the cpx archive and I realized that I have not been getting any of your postings to CPX?? I wonder when I compare the postings on the archive to my mail program, looks like I am getting the other postings. My mail program is ruled to put mail addressed to cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to the CPX box? Wonder why I am not getting you postings I remember you always had neat taglines that were fun. I don't see your postings to VPS2 either and don't have your email.

CPX has dropped the quotas, I checked user quotas in imanager and they are showing 0.
I have reassigned and some user quotas have reverted to 0

I have 24 active websites on this server with approximately
20 DA's  and 140 users

We usually assigned each DA with 200 MB and each users with 10MB I would assign the DA with more disc space if they had more users or if I thought the user allocation would exceed DA allocation.

My last conversation with Tech Support leads me to believe I have this program overloaded. I meed to migrate some of this off to a new server.

Richard Edwards
Whitney Edwards
Graphic Design &
Communications
tel: 410-822-8335
www.wedesign.com

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:45:43 -0400
Richard Edwards <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Our CPX ControlPanel has dropped all of the user disc space
> allocation for each user back to 0.

Steve--      Does it change the quotas, or just within CPX?

> We had made allocations when the
> users and domains were set up (about 160 users on this server). I

Steve-- Erk. As far as I can tell, CPX uses a method along the lines of...

Server: gets 1.25 GB
Domain Admin [example.com]: gets (let's say) 300 MB
Users for example.com: get allocated OUT OF the 300 MB

The DA user's quota is always 300 MB.  But, CPX will not allow you to
allocate more than 300 MB to users of that domain.  Perhaps with that
many users you have exceeded the quota of the domain, and CPX can't deal
with having a "negative balance?"  Was this a new server or did the
users exist before CPX?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm..