Re: [cpx] User Disc Space Limit - Keeps Reverting to 0

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:45:43 -0400
Richard Edwards <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Our CPX ControlPanel has dropped all of the user disc space
> allocation for each user back to 0.

	Does it change the quotas, or just within CPX?

> We had made allocations when the
> users and domains were set up (about 160 users on this server). I

	Erk.  As far as I can tell, CPX uses a method along the lines of...

Server: gets 1.25 GB
Domain Admin [example.com]: gets (let's say) 300 MB
Users for example.com: get allocated OUT OF the 300 MB

The DA user's quota is always 300 MB.  But, CPX will not allow you to
allocate more than 300 MB to users of that domain.  Perhaps with that
many users you have exceeded the quota of the domain, and CPX can't deal
with having a "negative balance?"  Was this a new server or did the
users exist before CPX?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm....