Re: [cpx] - Autoreply feature seems to work only in one case

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 03:48:43PM -0400, Norman R. Prevett wrote:
> Hi Scott:
>
> Does this bug (the genericstable entry problem) have anything to do with
> the problem with FormMail? We have found, and verified with Verio
> support, that when the "no user" setting is used for the catchall
> FormMail returns a Server Configuration error. To get FomMail to work
> the catchall must virtmap to the bit bucket (@doman.name => trash =>
> dev/null).

Yes, that is the same problem. Make sure that the user that send the
mail (e.g., 'www' if it's a cgi script) either explicitly sets the
'From' sender (via sendmail -f) or you have a correct genericstable
entry.

I know genericstable is new to many of you, but it is correct sendmail
usage. Many of us have gotten away with it for so long (myself
included) because of our open catchalls.

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>