Re: [cpx] [CPX] - httpd.conf with windows EOL -> cpx munch the cpx.conf

At 11:10 AM 05/13/2005, you wrote:
And too bad apachectl configtest do not catch this (and it should as apache itself on some versions had issues handling windows EOL particulary on log directives). Perhaps now apache handle it cleanly.

The "fix" is not to have restart_apache complain, the FIX is in CPX!!

"fixing" restart_apache is called a "kludge" ...

(dictionary) Kludge: A clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't had any problems with Windows CRLF on my server, perhaps with the exception of shell scripts? Apache, PHP, perl, and the list goes on and on all deal with this just fine.

CPX, what's the issue? PLEASE don't modify apachectl to give an error if httpd.conf is in CRLF format!!!

If there is an isue with CPX, when CPX starts up, and it can detect this, it should report "httpd.conf is in Windows CRLF format, please convert to Unix format" ...

If it's only a problem with CPX, don't "fix" it in other places... that is just going to BREAK things!

Bill