Re: [cpx] Changing Domain Admins?

Hi Bill

Unless an upgrade has solved this in the meantime, you cannot change the DA in CPX
You can only change it in cpx.conf. Here's what support told me..

There is a way to change the domain admin. You can use a text editor to edit the settings in cpx. Go to
/usr/local/etc
With in that directory there is a file called
cpx.conf
In the the cpx configuration file there are 2 places to edit. First there is the domain entry, where there is listed
<admin>name</admin>
Change the admin for the domain here. After that you will need to edit the user configuration.

by adding
<domain_admin/>
      <eu_capabilities>
        <ftp/>
        <shell/>
        <mail/>
      </eu_capabilities>

The eu_capabilities is the ability to create users with certain permissions. If there is web content as well you will have to copy the web content over to the other user, change the directory and files owner. Also change the group if that is necesseary. Then you will have to edit the virtual host in the
httpd.conf
file located at /www/conf/httpd.conf
Look for the domains virtual host and update the document root as well as the CGI alias locations for the other user. After that you will have to login to the server using telnet/ssh to restart apache.

(You had a similar problem a few weeks ago, I remember)

Andy