[cpx] Log files

CPX sets up log files in /usr/local/apache/logs/[account] and the virtual
host has a symbolic link to this  directory in www.

The problem with this is you can't ftp in with the [account] login to
download the logs for analysis.  It seems the ftp can't work out the
symbolic link. Verio  support recommends logging in as root, which is not
ideal.

The obvious solution is to move the logs directory to be directly under the
virtual host www directory.

Does anyone know why it is set in this way?  Would I be better off fixing
the httpd.config file to reflect the move or putting a symbolic link in
usr/local/apache/logs???

Can we get a permanent workaround in place for future releases of cpx.

Bob
Bob Browning  020 8400 6115   bob@xxxxxxxxxx
Textor Webmasters Ltd  http://www.textor.com