Re: [cpx] Log files

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Bob Browning wrote:

CPX sets up log files in /usr/local/apache/logs/[account] and the virtual
host has a symbolic link to this  directory in www.

The problem with this is you can't ftp in with the [account] login to
download the logs for analysis.  It seems the ftp can't work out the
symbolic link. Verio  support recommends logging in as root, which is not
ideal.

This is how vaddhost does things as well and is how I have been doing the logs for years. I assume you have a customer that actually wants to view the logs? You could setup a cron copies them to a folder in his directory.

Jonathan