Re: [vps2] Re: [cpx] not intuitive, at all. (cpx)

Mark,

First things first...

>>>I'm releasing a new iManagerPro today.  And yes, it does have the
ability for domain admin to administer multiple domains!

YOU are the MAN!!

Now, on to the rest of the show...

> Mark wrote:
> The complaint here is two fold.
>
> The first problem, is that our 'basic' domain admin type of person is
> familiar with terms like "mail forwards" and "POP3 accounts".  In
> iManagerPro, the domain admin would see a link to 'maintain email
> account'.  From there, they see two different areas.  One for
> maintaining POP3 users and one for maintaining Forwards.  So, this part
> is mostly a learning curve with CPX.  With CPX, domain admins have to
> understand that in order to create a POP account, they need to add a
> user.  In order to create a mail forward, they need to work in the
> "Email Addresses" section.  Not that big of a change, IMO.

Regarding intuitive...and Jonathan's post.  This should cover both...

Put it this way...currently with cpx:

A lay customer logs in... (one I have given domain administration to)  "what do they do?".    They
might see... "oh, add email addresses, ok".   So they click on it.  From that screen it's going to
only let them setup "forwards", or to send it to the "main user account".  Ok, please press the link
to "Im lost and confused".

Why is "Add End User" so "far" away from "Add email Address" ?   Cmon... dumb it down.   The
customer is going to click on "add email address".  They are not going to understand "Add End User"
?   How about changing that link, throw it in the "Mail Management Section" and call it.. Add POP3
Email?  And instead of calling the link "add email addresses", call it.. "Add email forwarding"?
In fact, all the entire "User Management Section" shouldn't even be a section.  It should be over in
the "Mail Management Section".  I'm speaking strickly for the domain admin.   Not the server admin.

This is a classic example of "not intuitive".   I totally understand it.  But I'm looking at how
many "questions" I am going to get when introduced as is.

As it is right now... when a user logs into imanpro...  they see:

"Maintain Mail Accounts - domain.com".

Well, that sounds pretty intuitive right there.    When they click on that, it shows them "from one
screen" how many forwards they have, how many pop3 email accounts they have and options to
add/edit/delete from either.

It's pretty simple actually.

That is what I mean by "intuitive".   You can make it as complicated as all get out for "me" the
main server admin, no sweat, I'll figure it out.  But for the domain admin, it's got to be "self
understanding".  Don't get me wrong, 99% of the time, the "Domain Admin"  IS the end user (yes the
little o'l lady who wants to become a millionair selling her quilts) because he/she is the only one
using it and he/she needs to be able to login and add new email accounts.  (easily without wondering
how the heck to do it)

James

Stormer's Cgi-Archive
http://www.stormer.org