[cpx] not intuitive, at all. (cpx)

Hello,

Well cpx looks nice, but it's simply "not" intuitive at all. Now, I'm pretty good at navigating programs and such and for me, well, I "can" figure it out. However, allowing end users to "administer" their own email, well, it's flat out HARD. Oh, I can set them up, no problem. But having them go to "UserList" add an end user, blah, then go to add email addresses...

sheesh, viaverio, you should have just paid Mark Sharkey for his PRO and developed that MUCH further. imanPRO blows this cpx away. (as it currently stands) All I can say is.. the test vps2 I ordered to play with cpx on is going to be removed. (I consider it waisted money) I've done all the testing I need on it. Maybe when the full program is developed and released...? who knows. It needs a LOT of improvement.

Flat out, here is what is needed...

1. assigned usernames.  (like imanpro)

2. one step email administration.  (like imanpro)

3. abitlity to "limit" the email accounts to be "lower" than main ftp quota. Umm.. if I give someone 200 megs of ftp space and they add a bunch of email accounts, well, duh, each of their email accounts "can be" 200 megs. That's, umm.. for lack of a better word, "stupid".

4. password protection.  (like imanpro)

Ultimately, I just need a way for users to maintain their own email accounts. All that other flashy stuff is really just flash. I need users to be able to 'easily' add/remove/edit their 'own' email accounts. Ideally, just a simple username/password, puts them right into the screen to manage their mail accounts. That's it.

And Mark, I know your reading this.. if only imanpro would allow for administering multiple domains, it would be a slam dunk! Please don't throw imanpro away! Too many of us are using it without problems.

I know many would gladly donate to you to continue to develope it.

I am sadly disappointed in cpx. It was a lot of lead up in anticipation... ugg.

James

Stormer's Cgi-Archive
http://www.stormer.org