Re: [cpx] Multiple domains, 1 website, multiple e-mail domains

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:05:35AM +0200, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] Multiple domains, 1 website, multiple e-mail domains
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to work with CPX on a VPS3.
>
> We have a client that has 5 domains. He wants all domains to point to
> the same website on his server (domain1.com, domain2,com,
> domain3.com, domain4.com and domain5.com all point do the same Apache
> document root). He also wants to be able to add e-mail adresses on
> each domain (info@xxxxxxxxxxx must be independant from info@xxxxxxxxxxx).
>
> The problem:
>
> I added a domain admin and run into a catch 22:
>
> 1. Either I add a main domain and 4 domains as domain aliases. This
> makes the website run fine for all 5 domains, but the domain admin
> can't add any e-mail addresses on the aliased domains
>
> 2. I add 5 independant domains to the domain admin. He can add e-mail
> addresses to all domains, but the websites don't share the same
> document root. Therefore he will have to upload the smae website 5
> times, and deal with 5 different weblogs.
>
> Does anybody have advice how to use CPX to get the desired setup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

Fred,

I'm working on this now... allowing e-mail addresses to be managed for
ServerAlias domain names.  Target release version is 1.6.2.  Target
release date for 1.6.2 is, um, in about 6 weeks I think.

cheers.

--rus.

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!