Re: [cpx] All my users are gone...

We are experiencing the same issue and webmail users are also getting the following error when trying to check email in CPX:

Error: Forbidden
You do not have sufficient privileges to access the resource you requested.

Anyone know a time-frame for a patch to correct this?
It's a very big issue for us and clients now.

Thank you,

Chris Hess
chris@xxxxxxxxxx
Outer Banks Internet, Inc.

The last few days when I have run CPX I noticed all the users are gone... The domains are fine, and the admin name of the domain is listed, but when you list users you get nothing...

Unfortunately this was done more than a day ago, so there are no backups...

I suspect I'm ... well... insert your favorite phrase...

Any suggestions? ...

I don't know if this was before or after the problem, but I did run

% vadduser -domain thisdomain.com

I needed to preserve some passwords that CPX would complain about, and I wanted these to be added as end users for the given domain. Again, I do not know if this is related to the problem or not...

I have 78 domains, and 49 users currently defined. So, this isn't a simple "just restart fresh" and add things... I happen to have a copy of cpx.conf on my PC with 73 domains and 28 users... Do I "break the seal" and hack the other users in? ... It does look straight forward, although I'm sure you have to be careful, so any gotcha's? I think it's my only choice?

PLEASE, any help? Or do I just dump CPX at this point?

Bill