RE: [cpx] CPX wish list

Chris Hess wrote on 8/20/2007 9:31:30 AM:

> HIGH
> - Allow users to login to CPX with their entire email address in
addition to just
> the user name.
>   * currently CPX only accepts the user name. We found that when users
> tried to login with a prefix (abc.username) they often forgot to add
the prefix
> and called for support. In iManager this was changed so a user could
login
> with their email address and this solved the issue.

	Yes, that would be a good idea.  I'm used to OpenWebMail doing
that, though I think it was an option there, too.

> MEDIUM
> - If a user only has mail privileges set their default login to go
directly to the
> Mail tab.

	If I'm not mistaken the default CPX install redirects /webmail
to the inbox via an Apache redirect:

RewriteRule ^/webmail/?$ /ControlPanel/mail/wm_messages.xsl?folder=INBOX

Then, users will land in the inbox after logging in.  At least, that was
the case on a relatively new MPS3.  I don't think they went back and
added that line to existing servers.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Thanks for letting me excite your phosphors.