RE: [cpx] CPX wish list

Steve,

I think your list is very good and I'd like to add the following:

HIGH
- Allow users to login to CPX with their entire email address in addition to just the user name. * currently CPX only accepts the user name. We found that when users tried to login with a prefix (abc.username) they often forgot to add the prefix and called for support. In iManager this was changed so a user could login with their email address and this solved the issue.

MEDIUM
- If a user only has mail privileges set their default login to go directly to the Mail tab.
- SSL Installation & Renewal feature (i.e. Signature accounts)

Chris Hess
chris@xxxxxxxxxx
Outer Banks Internet, Inc.

	I'm sure each person would have their own ranking of new
features...perhaps if we split into high/medium/low sections?  I would
categorize "high" as "preventing you from rolling out CPX to domain
admins"...?  Here would be my take on what's been posted, with a couple
notes:

HIGH

- Allow server admins to force the use of a prefix when creating users
for a domain.
- Add server-level feature to "rotate all domain logs" so savelogs can
be set up *once* to point to httpd.conf instead of separately for each
domain (current work around is to turn off log rotation in CPX and add
the cron job manually, and hope the server admin doesn't turn it back on
for new domains they add)
- Add option to send viruses to /dev/null instead of quarantine
[SY--does anyone really tell their clients to read the quarantined
viruses to make sure they aren't legit? Besides, using clamav-milter
bounces suspected viruses...]
- Auto clearing of spam and quarantine folders after x days (yes we can
use the archmbox port but then each user can't control the option for
himself) [SY--hmm, if a prefix was used this could be a domain-wide
setting...set an archmbox cron job to prune "/home/domainid*/Mail/..."]

MEDIUM

- Add server-level option to run ClamAV at server level instead of
  procmail/user level (using clamav-milter?).
- Add feature to let domain admins password protect a directory within a
 web site's directory root, unless of course the site is using FrontPage
 server extensions.
- spamassassin white/black list per user
- spamassassin configuration manager
- spamassassin bayes tagging (junk/not junk)
- addressbook import/export feature

LOW
- Better display of HTML attachments in web mail.
- clamav configuration manager
- vinstall manager (all vinstall functionality can be done through cpx)
- ports manager (common port installations can be done through cpx)
[SY--I'm not sure this is feasible since ViaVerio probably doesn't want
to support ports installs]
- zone record manager - ability for SA to give zone record control to DA
- "quick create" - I have been talking to iManagerPro users about having
a "quick create" for adding users and/or domains. For many resellers, a
domain is added with the exact same privileges every time. Let's create
an editable default configuration(s) that allows us to simply enter
domain name, user, password and submit. Everything defaults to settings
found in the config file. Of course, we would still maintain the ability
to override this - it is just a "quick create". - API and documentation
allowing us to easily create our own customizations without ServerAlias
for domain setup [SY--"ServerAlias"??]
- default homepage (web content) for new domain setup (unzip tar archive
with each domain setup)
- calendar (maybe group calendar for end users of the same domain to
share)
- API to tie into new Verio billing system (I want DA's to be able to do
domain registrations, order new servers, etc.).
- checkbox to add a new domain to Urchin

ALREADY EXISTS
- file manager capability

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people
appear bright until you hear them speak?

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~