Re: [cpx] Mail System Administrator

Hi Scott:

Only one suggestion: FIX THE BUGS. Like for example, the quota issues that require us to play with the Domain Admin quotas just to add a new user. Sorry to dump it on you -- but you asked.

Scott Flinders wrote:
Hello all,
Let me start with a quick introduction. I am a fairly new product manager at Verio, and, among my responsibilities, is the CPX control panel. Based on feedback from customers, we are currently working on a project to improve and streamline the VPS and MPS mail system. I have spoken with many customers already about what they like and dislike in the current system. I'd also like to reach out to this list and get your feedback. The main suggestions I've heard so far regarding the mail system are - improve performance of the mail system - allow end users to go directly to the webmail client without requiring them to go through CPX - improve/replace the current webmail client to make it more feature rich and improve the user experience - allow the primary VPS or MPS admin to delegate administration of the mail system (per domain) to another user (i.e., create a "mail system administrator") We are addressing all of these issues, but the last one in particular has brought up some good questions as we seek an appropriate design. If any of you on this list are among those that would like to delegate administration of the mail system to another user, please tell me if you would want the user with mail system administration rights to be able to - add users? (If so, should they only be able to add them as email users, or should they be able to manage all user attributes such as ftp access rights, overall disk quota (as opposed to mailbox quota only), etc.?) - authenticate to any user mailbox (without knowing or modifying the user's password)?
 - change users' passwords?
 - configure SpamAssassin and ClamAV settings?
 - manage virtmaps?
 - manage "catchalls" (wildcard mappings)?
 - manage aliases?
 - manage server-level autoresponders?
 - adjust MX, TTL settings?
I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Scott Flinders
Sr. Product Manager
Verio Inc.

--

Norman R. Prevett

Jenica Corporation
"Helping Business Profit from Technology"
* World Class Web Site Hosting and Design
* Turnkey Commercial Web Sites, Secure Online Ordering
* Internet Connections for Corporate Networks
* Consulting Training and Support

Mill Yard Technology Park
80 Technology Way, Suite 4E6, Nashua, NH 03060 Tel 1.603.886.4668 Fax 1.603.880.9209 Email: norm@xxxxxxxxxx
Web Site http://www.jenica.com