RE: [cpx] Mail System Administrator

Why not buy a really good control panel such Plesk and offer us? Why reinvent the wheel and loose time here for something such CPX? I think all of us would be pay for Plesk or another good control panel as option. Verio as big company can buy licenses for a bit of money and offer to us.Regards,Iris> Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:29:43 +0200> From: gadnet@xxxxxxxxxx> To: cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [cpx] Mail System Administrator> > Scott Flinders a écrit :> > Hello all,> >  > > Let me start with a quick introduction. I am a fairly new product > > manager at Verio, and, among my responsibilities, is the CPX control > > panel. Based on feedback from customers, we are currently working on a > > project to improve and streamline the VPS and MPS mail system. I have > > spoken with many customers already about what they like and dislike in > > the current system. I'd also like to reach out to this list and get > > your feedback.> >  > > The main suggestions I've heard so far regarding the mail system are> >  > >  - improve performance of the mail system> >  - allow end users to go directly to the webmail client without > > requiring them to go through CPX> - improve/replace the current webmail client to make it more feature > rich and improve the user experience> > why not use an open source webmail and put your effort into providing > patches to suits your needs ? roundcube or squirrel are allready there > why reinvent the wheel and loose time here ?> >  - allow the primary VPS or MPS admin to delegate administration of > > the mail system (per domain) to another user (i.e., create a "mail > > system administrator")> if it also correct the more urgent (for me ) things like:> > correct bugs that prevent user to change admin quota> correct the logrotation system that ruin the server each night (too many > processes error)> correct the behavior of the spam and AV (pop account NEVER go to Trash > or Quarantine...)> correct the speed of the CPX that is really too slow> provide a way to export/import setting from one cpx to another when we > move domains> > > then go for it :)> >  > > We are addressing all of these issues, but the last one in particular > > has brought up some good questions as we seek an appropriate design. > > If any of you on this list are among those that would like to delegate > > administration of the mail system to another user, please tell me if > > you would want the user with mail system administration rights to be > > able to> >  > >  - add users? (If so, should they only be able to add them as email > > users, or should they be able to manage all user attributes such as > > ftp access rights, overall disk quota (as opposed to mailbox quota > > only), etc.?)> email admin only had to touch email settings nothing else but also the > setting domain wise.> >  - authenticate to any user mailbox (without knowing or modifying the > > user's password)?> that could be usefull> >  - change users' passwords?> yes> >  - configure SpamAssassin and ClamAV settings?> >  - manage virtmaps?> >  - manage "catchalls" (wildcard mappings)?> >  - manage aliases?> yes> >  - manage server-level autoresponders?> server level  auto responders ? i dont see what it is but if it is > beyond a domain they cannot /shouldn't touch it> >  - adjust MX, TTL settings?> >> no need at all. Domain admin and email admin are separate. Most email > admin does not know a damn thing about domain and this willl lead to > major configuration problem.> > > I appreciate your feedback.> >  > > Thanks,> >  > > Scott Flinders> > Sr. Product Manager> > Verio Inc.> >  > For me speed and bug corrections are more important than new features. > I   do not need zillion of features if the basic features works. Right > now i am using the command line to update quota each day..this is a > basic feature that fails. when all is fixed then go for the new features.> > -- > Cordialement,> Ghislain> >
Testen Sie Live.com - das Zentrum Ihrer Online-Welt, das Sie mit aktuellen Nachrichten, Sport- und Wetterinfos und vielem mehr versorgt.
http://www.live.com/getstarted