RE: [cpx] Can I get CPX to add a mail server?

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Steve Yates wrote:

Jonathan Duncan <> wrote on Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:54 PM:

Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.domain.org
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 <user@domain>...
Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:33:27 -0600 (MDT)

I opened the local-host-names file on that server and found
"domain.org"
but not "mail.domain.org".  Well, of course not, this is something
that I
usually do manually.

It is looking for "mail.domain.org" because I usually setup the DNS
for
domain names to use a specific mail server address.

	I am confused if the "to" e-mail address is supposed to be
"user@xxxxxxxxxx" or "user@domain" or "user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".  Only in
the latter case would "mail.domain.org" belong in local-host-names.
From the example above it looks like the server is rejecting the address
"user@domain".

The email address is "user@xxxxxxxxxx". However the DNS entry sends all MX requests to "mail.domain.org". Like this:

# Zone = domain.org
.domain.org::ns1.server.com:3600
.domain.org::ns2.server.com:3600
+domain.org:192.168.0.1:3600
+www.domain.org:192.168.0.1:3600
+ftp.domain.org:192.168.0.1:3600
+mail.domain.org:192.168.0.1:3600
@domain.org::mail.domain.org:10:3600

	(And to be picky, the MX for domain.org is
sentry.domainbank.com... There is an official set of domains to use in
examples, namely example.com, example.org, etc.  I didn't know that
either...)

Good point, I will have to read up on the official rules for using example domain names. ;)

Thanks,
Jonathan