Re: [cpx] RE: [vps2] Disk upgrades & ten years after

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 03:30:21PM -0500, Brian Haines wrote:
> Those will be great additions, but I think some of my comments should be
> considered bugs in CPX. For instance, if a user was near quota and tried to
> clear the Trash folder it fails.

You might try clearing one message at a time. I've never had a problem
clearing the Trash folder itself (but will gladly look at a bug if you
find one).

Clearing other folders is more problematic, as you've suggested. The
problem lies in the IMAP protocol for moving messages. IMAP is "safe",
which means that it actually copies the message to the new folder
before removing the copy from the original folder. This could be
solved by a 'delete immediately' mechanism as you've suggested (which
is also on our to do list).

> The REAL problem is that the user can't use their POP3 email client to get
> their mail.

Well, if they use an imap client, they wouldn't have the problem
either. Nearly all modern mail clients can be configured to do imap,
which allows them to still "pop" (bring down) their mail if they wish
from the inbox, but additionally, it lets them manage all their remote
folders on the server. It's worth looking into, imo.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx