Re: [cpx] RE: [vps2] Disk upgrades & ten years after

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 10:03:07AM -0500, Brian Haines wrote:
> The real problem is that the mailbox is not near quota, but Outlook can't
> open the mailbox. I have to use pine to delete the 10+ MB message. Before
> the user can use Outlook again to retrieve their mail. CPX access to mail is
> not interrupted, but can't be used to delete the message for some strange
> reason.

For what it's worth, we're working on a CPX feature that will allow
you to limit the size of a specific mailbox (Junk, Quarantine, etc.)
based on any of the following criteria:

 - number of messages (i.e., "keep last 100 messages")
 - size of mailbox in kb/mb (i.e., "delete oldest messages until
   mailbox is smaller than X mb")
 - age of messages in mailbox (i.e., "keep only 10 days of messages")

These were suggested by several resellers (and twice by Ghislain!) in
the past month and we feel there's merit in implementing this.

In the meantime, mutt, archmbox, mail_newer, and other utilities can
be used (some automatically, others manually) to limit your mailboxes.

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx