Re: [cpx] Domain admin reading email?

At 03:10 PM 04/22/2005, you wrote:
> So, how does the domain admin access his webmail?

The server admin needs to check the 'Webmail' box in that DAs mail properties.

Duh. OK, user error on my end (as server admin).

It turns out I was the person logging into the DAs account to view his email. I was quite confused, which prompted the previous message.

A suggestion I think:

If somewhere in the users profile that he can see, if it said "WebMail has been disabled by the server admin" or something, then the user would know why he can't read his mail on-line, and also know to contact the server admin.

Again, this was me, acting as the DA getting confused... One can assume the SA (me) is smarter than the DA, so if I was confused, perhaps CPX needs to make it more clear...

For the end user, perhaps he should see the same set of capabilities that the SA can set, i.e. webmail, spamassassion, clamav, but for each, have an indication if he can enable them, or if the server admin had disabled them for his account. If there was such a summary, I would have seen that and said "Oh, the SA needs to enable webmail for this DA (or end user)"

Thoughts?

Bill