RE: [cpx] How does CPX know what domains exist?

This is crazy.  A test URL like this is a very normal situation.

Also a bunch of log files called test.videosignals.com-access_log are going
to be there for all time no doubt and you probably have a directory called
/home/xxx/www/test.videosignals.com with the web site in it and will have
for all time unless you start getting deeply into the entrails of the
server.  Someone looking at this in five years time is going to wonder what
you were smoking.

If (like many of my clients) you collect domain names (don't ask!) there is
no way in CPX of managing aliases either which is all related to this
problem.

cpx.conf tells the whole story. There is NO object called a virtual server
(or web site or admin account).  The structure of the server is NOT
modelled.   There is just a list of domains and a list of users.

I would suggest cpx.conf could be something like this

<server>
 <admin>xxx</admin>
 <logrotation>
 </logrotation>