Re: [cpx] Users Teaching the Spam Filters

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 05:00:15PM -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> >From what I can see, currently, CPX mail users can move messages to the
> "junk" folder and then delete them.  I assume that having messages in the
> delete folder is a final result and not a sampling ground for the filter
> to teach itself what the users do not want.  Correct?

Correct. The idea behind a Junk folder was that we'd have a place to
do Baysian training when we implement that.

> If this is the
> case, what is the progress on adding Bayes to CPX?  I have one particular
> customer who complains if more than a handful of spam message hit her
> inbox on any given day.  She tells me that the filter is not working and
> forwards the spam messages to me.

Heh...so you're the Baysian trainer for her, apparently.

I can only say it's on the list; hasn't been fully prioritized yet.
You might want to send something to suggest about it (though it's been
logged already, the more customer imput, the higher the priority).

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx