Re: [cpx] - all mail user reverted to the admin domains of a sudden

Scott Wiersdorf wrote:
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:53:33PM +0100, ADNET Ghislain wrote:

Hi,

 I use cpx on a vps, the 16 we had all users not linked to the primary
domain go back to this domain. Now the domain admin cannot anymore see
them in his control panel.

Has this happened more than once? Can you duplicate the circumstances?

Scott

erf i hope it will not happen again, i can't reproduce it has it happenned when the customer was away so too late to review check the logs and the backup as they were all lost (i do not keep more than 4 days of logs) hen he discovered the thing. The only thing i can tell is that users in the config all reverted to the VPS hostname instead of the domain they were under.

  What i can reproduce is the fact that i openned 86 windows to change the user back and that all windows acknowledged the change and when i got back to the user list only a few had moved back. I needed to make change to one at a time to revert them back.

 I am not 100% sure but it seemed to me that the user had a double <domain> in their cpx.conf config. Perhaps you can look at the backup , i can't as it will include fees. If i trust the date of cpx.conf the change occured the 16 march 2005 on server:

name:     powera
vid:      32042
hostname: power01.adn-services.com
address:  82.112.125.42
server:   uk1-fv21015

one thing here a big part of user on this domain were not created with the cpx as they has "dot" in their name so we had to create them by hand and then move them to the domain using cpx. All those user (and the one without a "dot") of the same domain reverted to the vps hostname owner.

regards,
Ghislain.

--

AQUEOS - Service Informatique