Re: [cpx] Virtual host and aliases, main brake to CPX use ?

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:28:04 -0000
"Bob Browning" <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Basically I propose that data such as log rotation, mail administration,
> disk usage, web services etc need to be attached to the virtual host, rather
> than the domain.  There is a handy-dandy key for this which is the login id
> of the administrator which is the same as xxx in the /home/xxx path.

	Except the default log file naming implies that one user can
have more than one virtual host...in fact I think CPX does this now?

	As an aside my preference would be to have log rotation done at
the server level, but one can do this by telling CPX to not rotate the
logs and point savelogs to the httpd.conf file to pick up all the logs.

	Regarding the configuration of e-mail, as a workaround can one
add this to the virtusertable manually?

@secondcompany.com	%1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That should let any e-mail addresses already set up at "firstcompany.com"
work at "...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" as well.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Fools rush in... and get the best seats.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~