Re: [cpx] Can I use CLI and CPX?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Bill Meier wrote:

At 10:17 AM 02/27/2005, you wrote:
Will there be a problem in CPX if I am doing things manually on the command line? (eg editing virtusertable)

Of course this is not am official answer, but I have found if you exit CPX, and then edit virtusertables to your content (I space the fields over like CPX) everything is fine going back into CPX.

Since CPX is so slow for me, I add the domain in CPX, exit, and then go into virtusertables and adjust/add/delete all the appropriate email addresses.

Done it quite a number of times. May be "unsupported" I don't know, but I have never had a problem with it. I suspect virtusertables is the "reference file" that CPX reads for the mail mappings, so if you have them in there, CPX reads them just fine and doesn't care who put them in...

Bill

I have noticed that also.  Thanks for the comments.

Jonathan