Re: [cpx] CPX, savelogs and log file handling...

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:39:42PM -0500, Bill Meier wrote:
> If you have 50 domains, that's 50 * 2 TransferLogs/ErrorLogs that Apache
> keeps open?
<snip>
> And in my crontab, there are 50 @daily commands to rotate the logs, and
> EACH has the
>         --postmovehook="/www/bin/apachectl graceful"
>
> so Apache will be gracefully restarted about a zillion times whenever the
> @daily runs... Seems like this isn't the best configuration for CPX but you
> don't have much choice if you want the log files...

This is an open bug in CPX; the fix will be to put all the CPX apache
logs in a single savelogs configuration file so only one restart will
occur for all the domains.

> Too bad CPX doesn't given choices like this: (do those come from vaddhost?)
>
>     1) no transfer log
>     2) log to server transfer log
>        (/usr/local/apache/logs/access_log)
>
> I'd probably opt for [2] ...

This is a good enhancement request. I'll see about logging that one
(I agree with it).

> Any comments from CPX? Seems there is no activity on that list...

There's only activity when people post questions ;-)

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>