[cpx] What a mess

Today when I checked into our CPX server admin ControlPanel I received a server error screen and could not access the ControlPanel. I called into tech support and the tech recommended reinstalling CPX which he did.

Well when I went into the ControlPanel it took forever to get into the email function. I had originally just wanted to add one email address. Now my server which originally had 170 or so email addresses now has 1500 email addresses. Gee thanks. Each user had now been assigned an email address for each domain on the server. What a mess. I am glad that I had kept hard copies of users assigned to each domain when we set this up or it would really have been something to straighten out. However some of the accounts on this server have added their own email addresses through cpx, so now I have to query clients to find out who belongs to what domains as each user has an email address for each domain on the server.

I am flipped out that the tech would have just reinstalled the CPX software and not have described what I was in for. Talk about a bogged server when you are trying to work on this ControlPanel weeding out 1500 email addresses, kinda like straightening out a bowl of spaghetti with a 3 minute refresh on each noodle.

What a mess, I was hoping CPX was going to alleviate the need to keep separate data base records of what users and email accounts were on our servers.

Whitney Edwards
Graphic Design &
Communications
tel: 410-822-8335