[cpx] CPX progress update

Hi Scott/Jared [bcc's to others],

I'm following up on a few emails that I have posted to this list concerning CPX updates and milestones. I was wondering if you guys could give me an update?

In the beginning of December, I asked about a milestone/timeline chart. Scott mentioned that he did have any timelines but did say this:
I can tell you that beginning next year, both Signature and CPX will
be receiving a lot more development resources than they have before.
This should provide much wider functionality improvements in less
time.

In the beginning of January, I asked if there had been any updates pushed out yet and Scott replied that he was not sure (Jared, do you have a list? As I was writing this I noticed that you have a new dist going out Wednesday).
Hi Scott,

A few questions about how cpx updates will be handled:

Has there been any cpx updates that have been pushed out since the initial live release?

Heh--I don't know, to be honest.

My very big concern right now, is the speed at which new features and bug fixes are being released. This email is not meant to sound negative (just wanting to know what I can expect); but, we really have not seen anything new from CPX for over 2 months. Personally, I feel much better about a project if I can see that progress is being made. Right now, I feel sort of in the dark about when to expect new functionality. I think that it would be great if resellers could be kept informed (at least on a high level) about what is being done and when we can expect to see the changes. It is hard to relay to our clients that 'changes are coming - hopefully within the next 6 months' (without even knowing for sure what *will* be in the next release).

I really liked the fact that CPX was released early in it's development stage, so that resellers could help shape it's future. However, for CPX to truely be a success, we need quick turnarounds and updates. It would seem that the control panel issue (along with backroom integration), is one of the biggest issues that Verio is facing with it's resellers. Hopefully, Verio can treat CPX with a high level of urgency - as I know that resellers feel an urgency to see CPX progress!

Thanks!

Mark

--
vps1 -> vps2 migrations for only $229.00!

Mark A. Sharkey
PrecisionPros.com Network
6543 East Omega Street
Mesa, Arizona 85215