Re: [cpx] cpx and apache, didnt work

thanks for continuing to work with me on this.

No, there is no other SetHandler in the httpd.conf and I'm using the default cpx block like you included below. When the cpx is present, whether in its default location, or within a specific virtual host section, it breaks php in -any- virtual host.

The response I got from verio support is

Thank you for your email. At present, the CPX control panel automatically functions for all domains on an account.(and cant be kept from working that way) It may be possible to have it be selective in a future version of CPX. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

and

CPX requires mod_perl in order to function at all.

Following up on the suggestion I received from another list that the solution is to start another apache daemon on a different port, where I can load the mod_perl, I asked how to do this and got

That would be possible. However, it would be difficult and would not fall under technical support to help to make such a configuration.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
And I'd be happy to write it up into a technical memo for anyone else who encounters a similar problem...
:)

Jonathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Yates" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>