Re: [cpx] cpx and apache, didnt work

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:26:06 -0500
"Jonathan Linowes" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I made the change (B) to one one of my domains (Added the CPX stuff
> inside the virtual host stuff) and it still broke my other virtual domains.
> Here's a possible explanation of what might be going on from another list
> (though I don't fully understand what he's saying). I welcome other
> suggestions for things to try (other than the "separate apache daemons"
> which kind of scares me :)

	I'm not really familiar with mod_perl either except what I've
read.  CPX seems to implement it just for the /ControlPanel folder but
if you have other scripts running mod_perl then it may interact.  My
sole prior experience with it was I think with Swish-e, which did not
work well with mod_perl at all.  Since mod_perl (I think) loads Perl
into memory I doubt setting it up separately for each virtual host would
be resource-effective.  Perhaps some of the Perl experts on this list
can weigh in.

	If the other program you're running doesn't require mod_perl,
maybe consider disabling it except for CPX?

> Can I just restore the original CPX entry but add a
> trailing slash to location?

	I think if you do then then users would have to enter
domain.com/ControlPanel/ - without the trailing slash it wouldn't work.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Hit me, beat me, make me write COBOL!

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~