Re: [cpx] CPX install feedback/issues

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 04:19:54 -0600
Steve Yates <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	If I set the system procmailrc file to call clamav, does procmail still run through the user's procmailrc file (calling clamav again)?

	Ah, it was late when I wrote that.  If clamav finds a virus it
would terminate and deliver to the server setting (/dev/null in my case) but
I would guess a successful pass through the system's procmailrc would
keep going.

	Regarding the logging, it seems there is perhaps no default
setting for LOGFILE in procmailrc?  I can't say for sure as I've tweaked
it quite a bit and don't have an original copy.  But mine had the line
for /var/log/maillog at the end, so when clamav was done the logfile
would switch back to maillog, then procmail would start working as the
user, which cannot write to maillog.  If I log the value of $TMPLOGFILE
I get nothing (blank), hence might one assume a default install of
procmail/CPX wouldn't yield the logging errors?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - If it works; always tear it apart and find out why.

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~