Re: [cpx] CPX install feedback/issues

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:55:08 -0600
Steve Yates <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for every incoming message a note
> is placed in maillog that procmail cannot write to the maillog.  I'm
> assuming this is because procmail is no longer running as root?  Then,
> for each message the delivery info appears in each user's ~/log.clamav.

	I can't find where DROPPRIVS would be referenced but this must be the case.  If I set maillog to o+w then procmail writes there, and NOT to each user's log.clamav file.  Anyone know where procmail is changing users?

	If I set the system procmailrc file to call clamav, does procmail still run through the user's procmailrc file (calling clamav again)?

	Also, I'm interested if anyone else who had clamav installed before CPX could check their freshclam.conf file.  I discovered today that clamd was using the new /var/db/clamav database, but freshclam was updating the old /usr/local/share/clamav database, so newer viruses were being missed.  I can't think I would have changed it backwards, so I'm thinking the CPX/clamav install missed updating that setting when it changed the others.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Why is it you have a "pair" of pants and only one bra?

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~