RE: [cpx] www or not www that is the question... but not the only one ;)

The symlink works OK most of the time.

The only problem I have so far is that we have a program that sync's the
software on our test system with the live site.  It navigates around the
directory tree on both systems and at every stage checks that the directory
it is in is the one it expects before it starts syncing the files.  The
program uses Net::FTP but I can simulate the problem using ftp.

257 "/www" is current directory.
ftp> cd htdocs
250 CWD command successful
ftp> pwd
257 "/www/domain.tld" is current directory.

So I get an error that the program is not finding itself in the directory it
expects to be in.

I can fix the program fairly easily but if anyone is using a third party
utility to keep directories in sync they are likely to come across the same
problem.

Bob