Re: [cpx] www or not www that is the question... but not the only one ;)

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:35:33PM -0600, Steve Yates wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:22:47 -0000
> "Bob Browning" <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am fixing this on all our servers to make the directory
> >
> > /usr/home/<USER>/www/htdocs
>
> 	Us, too.  I'd guess the CPX way would be to allow multiple
> domains for one user ID.
>
> 	Would a simple...
>
> ln -s ./domain.tld ./htdocs
> chown -h userid htdocs

This (without the chown) is exactly what Bob and I discussed off list:

    (become user)
    % cd ~/www
    % ln -s domain.tld htdocs

This will not affect cpx in the least and will let all your programs
that assume a fixed hierarchy work also. If somebody tries this, let
me know how it goes. If it works well for several people, we'd
probably create a default htdocs symlink for the first virtual host
created for each user.

<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>